Over 50 groups have registered this year.
Junior and Senior Jazz Combos
Junior and Senior Jazz Bands
Vocal Jazz combos and choirs
It is estimated that there will be approximately 1,000 competitors, 30 music directors, 100 chaperones, and 8 professional adjudicators. Most of the adjudicators will provide free workshops on either Friday or Saturday at the Rotary Center for the Arts. The guest artist and the adjudicators will perform at the Jazz Masters’ Concert Friday, April 15, 7:30 p.m. at the Kelowna Community Theatre.
- Jazz Band and Vocal Adjudicated Performances at Kelowna Community Theatre: Daily, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Performances are scheduled every 25 minutes with breaks for lunch and dinner. Participants receive a post-performance analysis and coaching from an adjudicator. The Public is welcome to all daily adjudicated performances. Day tickets at KCT are $3.00, available at the inside doors of the theatre.
- Combo Adjudicated Performances at the Rotary Centre for the Arts: Thursday and Saturday morning: Junior and Senior Combos. Performances are scheduled every 25 minutes with breaks for lunch and dinner. Participants receive a post-performance analysis and coaching from an adjudicator. The public is encouraged to attend. There is plenty of seating and admission is free.
- Music Workshops/Clinics: Friday & Saturday at the RCA in the Sun FM Dance Studio. Workshops are free and the public is invited to attend. (Schedule TBA on www.bcinteriorjazzfestival.com when confirmed.)
- Evening Concerts:
- Jazz Masters’ Concert, Kelowna Community Theatre, Friday, April 15, 7:30 pm All tickets $30 + SC. Reserved Seating Tickets are available from Select Your Tickets at their box office in Prospera Place, on their website, www.selectyourtickets.com, or by calling 250 762-5050. Major North American musicians appear as performers at this concert.
- Festival Showcase and Awards Ceremony, Kelowna Community Theatre, Saturday, April 16, 7:00 pm This concert showcases performances by the most outstanding jazz bands and choirs as chosen by the adjudicators, followed by the award presentations. Cost is $6.00 at the inside theatre doors. The Festival will winners and confer numerous scholarships, including many cash awards, invitations to Music Fest Canada, trophies and plaques.
5. NEW: Thursday Night Jam Session: Thursday April 14th, 7pm Last year, the festival introduced a very successful Thursday night jam session. This event is open to all participants, adjudicators, and artists, and is open to the general public. If you’d like to get a sense of what these phenomenal young musicians are capable of, come out and see them make music with each other without a rehearsal! This event is FREE. Location TBA; check back for more details.