Request for Expressions of Interest – RFEI 19-01
Food and Beverage Services (The Bistro)
Introduction – The Rotary Centre for the Arts (RCA) seeks submissions from interested operators to provide food and beverage services at 421 Cawston Avenue, Kelowna, British Columbia.
Background – Located in the heart of Kelowna’s exciting and rapidly densifying Cultural District, Rotary Centre for the Arts (RCA) is a multidisciplinary visual and performing arts centre whose mission is to celebrate, nurture and promote the Arts through diversity, entertainment and education. Currently home to eight resident arts studios, the 326-seat Mary Irwin Theatre, Potters Addict, Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art, New Vintage Theatre, ArtsCo, Theatre Kelowna Society and a 1270 square-foot Bistro, the RCA hosts approximately 240,000 visitors annually. The public Atrium attracts clients to the Bistro and ticket outlet and provides a venue for meetings, informal performances, and gala events.
Details – The RCA seeks an operator who will assume responsibility for food and beverage operations in accordance with the following operational objectives:
- Provide a variety of reasonably priced, quality food and beverage offerings
- Provide reliable and consistent service to patrons in a clean and sanitary manner during RCA’s regular opening hours and during special events
- Provide service which minimizes RCA administrative time and costs
- Contribute to the recreational and cultural values of the RCA
- Provide non-exclusive catering services for RCA events and activities
- Provide appropriately staffed and licensed alcohol sales as required
- Investigate and, if feasible, provide appropriate vending services at the RCA
- Conduct operations in compliance with all federal and municipal codes, by-laws and statutes
How to apply – interested businesses and persons should submit an information package (maximum 6 pages) which includes:
- Summary of why your business is well suited to meet the operational objectives outlined
- Details on relevant experience in similar successful operations, including on the individual who will be the primary contact, proposed menus, selling prices and related operational information, professional references and contact information
- A statement on how you expect to support the recreational and cultural mandate of the RCA
Key information –
- Closing date and time 5pm Friday 05 October 2019
- Submissions to be made to RCA Executive Director in the form of one consolidated PDF file, listing “RFEI 19-01” in the subject field. An application fee of $50 must be included.
- Contact the RCA Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information or assistance.
- Applying parties are not to solicit information from the current food and service operators. Site tours will be arranged for interested applicants during which operational questions can be answered.
- Expressions of interest will be evaluated on, without limitation, the following criteria: applicant’s plan for providing the full range of professional services required (30 points), applicant’s qualifications, relevant experience, demonstrated financial capability, and appropriate references (30 points), applicant’s plan to contribute to the cultural and community goals of the RCA (30 points), other considerations (10 points).
- This RFEI process represents the initial stage in RCA’s relationship with potential operators. The RCA will evaluate submissions to create a shortlist of candidates. In individual discussions with shortlisted candidates, the RCA will determine the most mutually beneficial contractual relationship, including leasing costs, term of contract, proposed services, and additional related matters.
Note - this RFEI is not intended to create a contractual relationship between the RCA and the applicant. By issue of this RFEI document, the RCA reserves the right to consider, analyze and select applicants as the RCA sees fit. The RCA will not be responsible for any costs incurred by applicants responding to this RFEI.