The Rotary Centre for the Arts is a multi-use visual and performing arts centre located in the heart of Kelowna’s Cultural District. Home to eight resident artist studios, the 325 seat Mary Irwin Theatre, Potters Addict, Alternator Centre for Contemporary Art, New Vintage Theatre, ArtsCo, Theatre Kelowna Society, and the RCA Bistro, the RCA provides a unique service and centre for the Central Okanagan community. The public Atrium attracts visitors to the Bistro and ticket outlet; as well as; providing a venue for informal performances and gala events. The board room, dance studios and art studio are available for rental to the community.
The Executive Director of the Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Centre Society (KVPACS) will provide leadership within the Rotary Centre for the Arts (RCA) while building recognition and support for the RCA in the larger community. Reporting to the Board through the President of KVPACS, the Executive Director is responsible for achieving the goals and objectives of KVPACS. Managing an annual budget of $1.3 million, a staff of 17 and liaising with the community, the Executive Director will be responsible for the overall management and operation of the RCA.
- A degree in Business Administration, Arts Administration, or Fine Arts with relevant experience or equivalent management experience, preferably in a non-for-profit organization, with significant experience in the arts or a related area
Experience and Skills preferred
- Arts Administration experience, including both visual and performing arts
- Understanding and knowledge of the Arts and Cultural scene, locally, provincially, and nationally
- Knowledge and experience working within the not-for-profit sector
- A record of successful leadership including marketing, budgeting, fundraising, facility operation, and staff management
- A track record demonstrating personal qualities including: strategic thinker, collaborator, team player, problem solver, effective communicator (listening, speaking, writing) and forward thinker
- Restaurant experience is an asset
Based on experience and aligned with the “2017 National Compensation Study for Managerial and Administrative Positions in Not-for-Profit Arts Organizations” by Cultural Human Resources Canada. Includes an excellent benefit plan with dental and extended health.
Start Date: This position will be filled a soon as practical following the closing date. This is a full-time position.
Please apply electronically to hiring@RotaryCentrefortheArts.com. Applications must be received by July 5, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Please include cover letter detailing your arts and not-for-profit experience; along with a resume.