Reporting to the General Manager, you will provide excellent customer service to all clients, and will be responsible for ensuring that the technical needs and expectations of all RCA clients and performances are met. You are a generalist theatre technician with professional theatre experience and related training. You will have experience with sound and light operation, rigging, and knowledge of theatre production activities.
The Rotary Centre for the Arts (RCA) is a multi-use visual and performing arts centre located in the heart of Kelowna’s Cultural District. Home to the Mary Irwin Theatre, Atrium performance space, resident artist studios, and exhibition spaces, the RCA provides a unique service and centre for the Central Okanagan. The RCA has several multi-purpose rooms available for rental, diverse arts programming, and a performance season of 6-10 shows.
- Ensure client satisfaction and smooth running of client and in-house RCA events
- Work with the Rental Coordinator to ensure rental customer needs are met
- Develops and manages budgets, including capital needs assessments
- Maintain standards for restoration and readiness of the stage and work areas following an event or maintenance activity
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of supplies, tools and equipment
- Performs technical and state area event related cleaning and set up
- Perform maintenance of equipment and systems
- Manages technical assistant and on call staff as required
- Performs other related work as required
- Required Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education preferred
- Experience in theatre event support and show organization
- Knowledge of theatre systems, operations and maintenance
- Must have physical ability to set up and move equipment and furniture
- Must be able to work on ladders and theatre rigging
- Ability to exercise independence of judgement in determining priorities and solving customer service operation problems
- Proficiency with theatrical procedures and the use of sound and light equipment
- Experience managing and organizing staff and volunteers
- Practical experience suing QLAB, VectorWorks and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of current safety standards and the implementation of same.
- Experience fulfilling technical and touring riders and/or touring of productions.
- Experience with a variety of live performance types including theatre, dance, and music.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines and a positive attitude while working under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong personnel, scheduling, and budgetary management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, producers, creative, and management teams.
Hours of Work
Hours are variable, including evenings and weekends, responding to theatre bookings. Personal flexibility to accommodate schedule is a requirement.
Rate of Pay
Annual $45,000, with an excellent benefits package starting after 6 months.
Application Deadline/Start Date
Rolling interviews will be conducted until the position is filled.
Patrick LeBlanc, General Manager, Rotary Centre for the arts, 421 Cawston Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1 Y6Z1, email@example.com.