Operating Kelowna’s premiere multi-functional arts facility, the Rotary Centre for the Arts, the Kelowna Visual and Performing Arts Centre Society (KVPACS)’s mission is to celebrate, nurture and promote the arts through diversity, entertainment and education.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED), the Financial Coordinator is essential to the impact the RCA has in our community. A caring, detail oriented person with exceptional time management skills you will be experienced in handling confidential information, and have fluent capacity with accounting software, cash management and payroll.
The Financial Coordinator of KVPACS will be charged with all aspects of full cycle accounting including closing month-end, managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management, financial reporting and various legal compliance tasks within the Rotary Centre for the Arts.
• Perform month-end duties including recording transactions, accruals and prepaids
• Prepare monthly financial package for the Board of Directors
• Manage day-to-day accounting, including posting transactions, paying vendors and collecting on receivables
• Monitor bank balances
• Process cheque runs
• Manage accounts receivable and payable functions
• Execute general ledger and bank reconciliations
• Manage payroll and employee benefit packages
• Maintain reports on financial metrics
• Maintain accurate records of invoices, employee time sheets and other key financial reports
• Provide financial projections and regular updates on financial performance
• Create budget versus actual reports
• Issue charitable donation tax receipts
• Co-ordinate annual audits
• Assist with annual budget planning
• Liaise with contractors for cost tracking purposes
• Government compliance filings
• Grant budgeting
• Other tasks as required
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum of 5 years experience working in a bookkeeping or financial management position in organisations handling over one million dollars in annual revenue.
• Fluent capacity with accounting software is a must, fluency in SAGE would be a strong asset.
• Post-secondary certification or degree in bookkeeping or related area of study
• Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Full-time | $22/hr
To apply send a letter of interest, CV and the contact of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bistro Attendant (Part-Time)
Come to work in the heart of the Cultural District! The Rotary Centre for the Arts is looking for an energetic person, for food preparation and to be a front line member our Bistro team.
Experience and Skills required:
- Demonstrate experience with bistro style service and food preparation
- Must be able to work independently, quickly and efficiently
- Catering experience is an asset
- Foodsafe and Serving It Right a necessity
- Must be able to work flexible hours, afternoons, evenings and weekends
- Be able to lift 30 lbs
- Positive fun attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
Start date: Immediately, proven work ethic may result in additional shifts.
Please apply electronically to bistro@RotaryCentrefortheArts.com or by fax at: 250-717-5314. Thank you for your interest. Not all applicants will be contacted due to the anticipated high volume